Dentures in Bloomingdale, IL
If you find yourself in a scenario where your natural teeth need to be replaced, dentures are a great option to restore your smile. Having a pair of dentures from us will give you the entire functionality necessary for eating and communicating throughout the day, in addition to restoring your attractive smile.
This dental procedure is precisely tailored to fit your mouth for a comfortable fit. Your mouth is fitted with a denture to support your cheeks and lips while replacing any lost teeth. Dentures can restore your smile and help you preserve your facial structure while improving your confidence.
Different Types of Dentures
Here at the Dental Group of Bloomingdale, we offer several types of dentures to help you choose a treatment that matches your needs. These are some of the options that are available in our dental office:
- Immediate Dentures: If it isn’t possible to avoid the complete extraction of the remaining teeth, then an immediate denture might be the right treatment. This solution allows you to live your life without feeling the embarrassment of having no teeth. Preparation for the dentures will begin before the teeth are extracted so that you can start using the dentures after the extraction is complete.
- Implant Retained Dentures: There are times when it can be difficult to eat or speak with dentures because they might slip in the mouth. Instead of dealing with the maintenance of dentures that move around, consider the benefits of dentures that are held in place with implants. Two implant posts can be placed in your jaw, and the dentures will be designed to snap onto the implants. This treatment ensures the stability of the dentures when you are eating or talking.
- Partial Dentures: Do you still have natural teeth in your mouth? Then it might make sense to choose partial dentures instead of extracting all the teeth. This appliance can be used to replace one or more teeth, and is designed to match your individual needs. One benefit of partial dentures is that they help to preserve the teeth and gums that are remaining in the mouth.
- Denture Relines: New dentures will have a great fit in your mouth because they are designed to match the contour of your gums. But, it is common for the gum tissues to change with time, which will change the way the dentures fit in your mouth. As a result, the dentures are more prone to slipping. Every one or two years, you should schedule an appointment to have the denture professionally relined to keep the it functional and secure.
- Rebase and Repairs: Rebasing might be necessary when the teeth in the dentures are in good condition, and the denture base materials need to be repaired. This process uses the same denture teeth while replacing the entire acrylic denture base. Eventually, this base can become cracked and old, and it will need to be repaired. Rebasing is like relining, but the main difference is that all the base material is replaced, instead of repairing a few areas on the appliance.
Call The Denture Experts for Fittings and Repairs
Whether it is time to be fitted for a set of dentures or you need to repair the damage that has occurred, call the experts here at Dental Group of Bloomingdale. We offer a variety of treatments to improve and protect your smile.
Bloomingdale’s Affordable Denture Dentist – Dentures Near Me – Top Restorative Dentists in Carol Stream and Glendale Heights, IL